How much does your financial future depend on a 140-character Trump tweet, stroke of a pen on an Executive Order, or an off-hand comment to a reporter?
A lot, as these recent news headlines reveal:
- “Trump Sinks Pharma Stocks on Medicare Price Negotiation”
- “Dollar Dumps Most in 30 Years as Trump Raises Doubt Over Strong Dollar”
- “When Trump Tweets, Wall Street Trades – Instantly”
- “Trump, Not the Fed, Is What Moves Markets Now”
- “Toyota Stock Drops Immediately After Trump Tweet”
- “Trump’s Executive Orders Send S&P 500 to an All-Time High”
- “Dow Jones Industrial Average Sells Off After Trump’s Executive Order on Immigration”
As you can see, when President Trump tweets or speaks, the markets react – in some cases violently.
Whatever your opinion of Trump is, there is one thing we can all agree on:
We are in uncharted waters. We have never had a president like Trump. We’ve never had an administration like Trump’s. There is no historical precedent for this. [Read more…]