I was just interviewed on Beyond 50 Radio about the wealth-killing traps of 401(k)s and IRAs and how to avoid them.
When you listen to the replay of this interview by clicking on the play arrow below, you’ll discover:
- How the pandemic has exposed the shortcomings of traditional retirement accounts
- Why the 401(k) employer match isn’t really “free money” at all
- Why you should never let your employer choose where to invest your 401(k) contribution – most employers now automatically invest your money, and almost no one questions it!
- Why you’re likely to retire in the highest tax brackets of your life – and how to legally slash your tax bill
- How the fees hidden in 401(k)s can devour 40% or more of your hard-earned money
- The critical difference between saving and investing for retirement
- Why you need an emergency fund equal to two years of your household expenses
- How to have quick and easy access to the money you need to weather the challenges life unexpectedly throws at you – and how you can get the exact same growth on that money as though you never touched it
- The real reason many financial representatives will steer you away from the Bank On Yourself strategy
- What the Bank On Yourself strategy is in a nutshell