By definition, an “emergency” is an unexpected and difficult or dangerous situation which happens suddenly and requires quick action to deal with it.
The unexpected doesn’t wait around for you to get your act together. But does that mean you can’t be prepared for an emergency… even one as devastating as the coronavirus pandemic and lockdown?
Are you willing to play a little game of the imagination and find out?
What if you were forewarned two years ago that in March of 2020…
- We’d be in the grips of a pandemic and there would be a shutdown of virtually the entire economy
- Tens of millions of people would lose their jobs and you could be one of them. And many others would have their hours and pay cut
- The government would step in and provide stimulus, but it could take a month or two or more until you receive it
- Your charge card limits could be reduced or even canceled without warning
- Stock market volatility would return with a vengeance and your plans for retirement could be upended for years or even a decade to come
- People of any age could be debilitated or even die after being infected with the virus