Would it surprise you to know that the #1 retirement fear is running out of money – a fear shared by fully half of Americans? That’s according to a recent study by the Aegon Center for Longevity.
People are deathly afraid of running out of money in retirement for good reason, experts say…
Over the last 40 years, there has been a dramatic shift away from company pension plans that promised workers a certain amount of money every month in retirement for as long as they lived.
Instead, there’s been a seismic shift toward do-it-yourself, cross-your-fingers, hope-and-pray retirement planning strategies like 401(k)s and IRAs.
The big problem that 401(k)s and IRAs suffer from, according to the Center for Retirement Research, is that you get little or no guidance on how to turn your assets into an income stream that will last as long as you do. (Skip to the interview about how to guarantee you never run out of money in retirement.)
Because you don’t know how long you’ll live or how much you can safely withdraw each year, you run the risk of…
- Spending your money too quickly and outliving your savings – and the average 65-year-old is expected to outlive their savings by almost a decade, according to the World Economic Forum
OR, just as bad…
- Spending too conservatively, which means living a spartan life in retirement and not being able to fully enjoy your retirement years
Traditional retirement investing strategies also make it virtually impossible to ensure a major market crash doesn’t cut the value of your savings in half when you might not have time to recover from it.
Here’s the Financial Strategy the Experts Recommend to Guarantee Your Money Lasts as Long as You Do…
The Center for Retirement Research at Boston College and other experts recommend a specific financial vehicle to ensure your money lasts as long as you do. That financial vehicle is called an annuity.
But there are many different types of annuities and many features available. How do you know which annuity and which features are right for your unique situation?
After all, including the right kind of annuity in your financial plan takes the guesswork out of taking income in retirement and can free you from the fear and worry that most people live with today.
That’s why I’ve asked one of the country’s top experts on annuities to join us to explain in simple terms the two key types of annuities to consider, depending on what your top concern is.
You can click here to skip to hear the interview and/or read a transcript of it.
Here’s what you’ll discover in this fast-paced 30-minute interview:
- The best type of annuity if your goal is having safe, predictable growth (and never losing money)
- The best type of annuity if you want the greatest growth potential… and the peace of mind of never losing money
- The annuity type designed to provide you with guaranteed income, no matter how long you live
- How to move money from a 401(k) or IRA into an annuity – without owing taxes
- Why annuities can make sense for people between the ages of 45… and age 80, and the annuity type that folks up to age 90 or 95 can benefit from
- Why it’s important to work with a Bank On Yourself Professional who can help you determine which annuity type and which features are best for your unique situation
As Frank O’Connor, Vice President at the Insured Retirement Institute, noted:
Put simply, an annuity is the only financial product that can generate income that will last as long as someone may live, whether that’s to age 80, 90, 100, or 110.”
You Can Listen to My Interview with the Annuities Expert Here:
And/or Read a Transcript of It Here
Find Out How Adding the Right Type of Annuity to Your Financial Plan Can Free You From Worrying About Running Out of Money in Retirement
The Bank On Yourself Professionals are experts in safe money strategies, which include dividend-paying whole life insurance and annuities, and the best ways to combine them – where appropriate – to help you reach your short-term and long-term financial goals and dreams.
When you request a free Analysis and referral to one of the Bank On Yourself Professionals, they will provide you with recommendations custom-tailored to your unique situation. There is no high pressure, no obligation, and no cost for this… so you have nothing to lose except financial stress and worry.
For your safety and convenience, the Bank On Yourself Professional selected for you can meet with you virtually by email, phone, and by sharing their computer screen. So request a free Analysis and referral right now by clicking here:
In support of why the right type of annuity makes a great alternative to disappearing company pensions, the Brookings Institute noted: “We can do better than having retirees attempt to save like hell and then hope not to live too long.”
Speak Your Mind