It probably won’t come as a surprise that the two most common New Year’s financial resolutions are to save more money… and to spend less.
And it also should come as no surprise that most New Year’s resolutions have been abandoned by Valentine’s Day – if not sooner!
So I thought this would be a great time to give you some tips to help you stick with it.
Let’s start with tips for spending less money because if you don’t spend less, it’s very difficult – or impossible – to save more.
Tip #1 for Curbing Spending: Get the Right Budgeting Program
I know, I know! The moment many people even hear the word “budget,” they get turned off because the word conjures up “deprivation,” just like the word “diet.” But hear me out… [Read more…] “Four Helpful Tips for Keeping New Year’s Resolutions to Spend Less and Save More”
I recently promised to answer two questions we’ve been getting…
When will the next market crash happen? And what will cause it
As the physicist Niels Bohr noted,
Prediction is very difficult, especially if it’s about the future.”
But here are five things we do know…
- Last month we entered the longest-running bull market in history, at 9½ years
- No bull market has ever made it to its 10th birthday
- The second-longest bull market was the dot-com-fueled rally of the 1990s which caused investors losses of nearly 80% when it flamed out
- While there’s no guarantee this bull market will crash before it hits its 10th birthday in early 2019, we do know that, historically, the longest-running bull markets go out “with a bang, not a whimper”
- As the experts who study behavioral finance note again and again, we humans have an enormous capacity for forgetting the lessons and pain of past crashes, and most people will be as woefully unprepared for the next crash as they were for the previous ones
Let’s Look at What Will Cause the Crash…
There are a number of things brewing that might trigger the next collapse. Take your pick: [Read more…] “When Will the Next Market Crash Occur… and What Will Cause It?”