The results of our “guess what the Stock Market will close at on the day after the election” contest are in!
We had almost 150 entries (I’m surprised there weren’t more – it was an easy way to win up to $500!).
Most people who entered guessed high – often way high. And the range of guesses was enormous; the Dow closed at 12,932.70, but the guesses ranged from 10,000 to 16,000! Which points out the sheer unpredictability of the stock market, which has barely budged for the past 13 years. (Ready to say goodbye to the roller coaster ups and downs of stocks and other volatile investments? Request your FREE Analysis and find out how much your financial picture could improve if you added Bank On Yourself to your financial plan.)
And the winners were…
- Bill Liebler – who was within about 12 points of where the Dow closed – won a $250 Amazon Gift Certificate. I interviewed Bill in my New York Times best-selling book in chapters 7 and 10. Among other things, Bill uses Bank On Yourself to fund his daughter’s college education. To learn more about why Bill thinks Bank On Yourself beats using a 529 plan, UGMA or other government sponsored plan, check out this article and video.
- And Jim Vana was the other winner of a $250 Amazon Gift Certificate for coming the closest (within 1 1/2 points) of where the S&P 500 closed.
And thanks to all who participated!
Here were the simple contest rules…
1. Post your guess of what the Dow and/or S&P will close at, on Wednesday, November 7, the day after the election, in the comments box below.
2. The person who comes closest to guessing where the Dow actually closes will win a $250.00 Amazon.com Gift Certificate, and the person who comes closest to guessing where the S&P 500 closes will win a $250.00 Amazon.com Gift Certificate. You can take a guess on both indexes and win $500.00 if both of your entries come closest.
3. In the event of a tie, the winners will split the prizes(s)
4. Only one entry per person is allowed and be sure to include a correct email address, so we can send your Gift Certificate to you if you win (your email address will not be published).
5. Only U.S. residents over age 18 qualify to win
6. Your entry must be posted in the comments box at the bottom of this blog post by midnight, Wednesday, October 24, 2012 to qualify
Note: We’d also love to hear if you’re in the stock market or out of it now – and why – so feel free to add a comment about that when you post your entry in the comments box below, along with your guess for what the Dow and/or S&P 500 will close at on Wednesday, November 7.
Please note that all comments are moderated, which means there will be some delay before your entry/comment appears.
Are you tired of playing guessing games when growing your nest egg?
Keep in mind that Bank On Yourself is based on an asset that has grown by a guaranteed and predictable amount for more than 160 years – no matter what was happening in the stock and real estate markets. The growth is much greater then you can get today in a CD, money market account or annuity – but without the risk of stocks, real estate, gold, commodities and other volatile investments.
So if you want to stop rolling the dice on your financial future and find out what the guaranteed value of a plan custom tailored for you would be on the day you want to tap into it – and at every point along the way – request your FREE Analysis now to find out!